Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 29: Phase TWO!

I cannot believe I have made it to PHASE TWO of this ridiculously intense/ extreme workout! It makes me want to go out and celebrate (I had a really gross and awful for me cheeseburger when I went to dinner with a friend, it was fantastic. As was the water I had with it.) That's another thing- I'm finally drinking water all day long, and enjoying it- I never drank water, it has no taste and used to seem pointless minus the whole "thirst" thing. Now I love water- I drink it all the time!

As for today's workout- flipping crudder muffins! I did not know so many different push ups existed in the world. I thought we hit all the different types in phase one... not so much. They're always changing up and target various muscles. Also? I used to hate push ups, now I find that they're my favorite! I can feel the burn everywhere, but can acknowledge the amazing feeling I have when I start to get them right. I do most of them on my knees still, but I'm working on changing that!

I still hate Tony Horton- this video he spends less time making jokes or tellin gyou how to do something, which while it has its benefits is also a negative because I had a hard time following him on some of the exercises. I've also come to the realization that I suffer hardcore with the resistance bands and would be better off with light weights than trying to overextend my shoulders and keep hurting them. I'll be out to buy weights a little later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Water is so completely amazing. I LOVE IT. This love is the reason (according to docs) that except for getting a stomach bug during mono that I didn't notice that I had mono until they did a test.
    I went to Pilates at the Y. After an hour the instructor was like...well class is almost over...leave if you like but I want to do some planks (they're sort of like push-ups so I'm still on topic). I love punishing myself so I was like, "what the heck?"....BAD IDEA...although I felt good, today my tummy screamed every time I laughed. Which was bad cause I was watching Monk and Psych reruns this morning...and then Travis tickled me...-___-

    ReplyDelete