Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 31: Tired, but awesome.

I prefer hand weights to bands. Hey look- I actually have a preference! On something dealing with movement and exercise! Look at my improvement!

Speaking of movement, I took my 30 day pictures after today's workout (so technically they're day 31 pictures...) and I could actually notice changes in each pose. It was kind of awesome to be able to look at myself and see the improvement and go "Oh hey- that stomach is slimming down!" or "What are those lines? Is that... muscle!?" I am definitely still stoked about this workout and am glad to be doing it. (Though I do still hate Tony Horton and will continue to hate him. Deal.)

But yes, free weights (I went out and picked up some 5 pounders before the workout today) are a thousand times better because I don't have the same strain on my shoulders that I had before from the resistance bands. Yay! Also, I realized I'm going to have to go back and pick up some 8 or 10 pound weights because in some of the exercises the 5's were too light. Ha! Awesome!

Also? Corn-Cob Pull Ups are the number one most ridiculous thing ever and I want to know who invented them so I can kill him. (And I know it had to be a man to be willing to put up with that kind of torture.)

But yes, improvement is a total yay- my coworkers are noticing it and ask me for help with moving things all the time. Today I was called upon to remove the backseat from a van (easy-peasy) and toss in 2 bikes. While I was able to do this before the workout, now I can do it with hardly a struggle.

I feel awesome.

~Kay

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I have a pair of 8 lb. free-weights. You're welcome to borrow them any time you want seeing as I don't really use them that often! Congrats on all of your improvement! Keep it going. Only 57 more days to go!! WOO!

    ReplyDelete