Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 11: Thursday is Oxymoron Day

Why? Because Yoga should not be labeled as "extreme" nor should it involve things like "backwards twisting crescent roll moon with a kick". I can barely say that, let alone balance on my left toe while kicking back my right foot, driving my hips forward to the floor, twisting to the left, and putting my hands in an ever-so-calm prayer pose. I'm sorry, but last time I checked, bodies did NOT bend that way. Maybe if you're Gumby. (Hey look- I just did my first hyperlink- yay!)

Today J. and I struggled through each move, as I discovered I am indeed getting slowly better at striking each pose for at the very least a second before collapsing. I also noticed that after about the 17 upward/downward dog combo my wrists started to lock up- FUN!

While talking to a friend earlier today I realized that I probably should have studied up on p90x before jumping in full swing. However, I am in it now and I plan to win. :-) I love a good challenge anyway.

Finally- for almost an entire minute at the end Tony Horton was able to shut his mouth and just breathe. Loudly. I was quite proud of him... too bad he does not do this more often.

~Kay

3 comments:

  1. <3 I miss yoga! Everything should be extreme...well not everything. If Travis was an extremem snorer I'd be getting even less sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking, I didn't otherwise understand the Gumby reference.

    ReplyDelete