Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 4: Extreme Yoga

OK, today was yogaX- which was advanced yoga on steroids. I mean, who the hell can hold these stances!? I consider myself to be fairly flexible, but there are only so many times i can go into upwards and downwards dog then running man warrior what the hells before i fall over. The worst part was the pain that hit my knees and shoulder. I strained my right shoulder a bit with the exercises yesterday, and while I thought I was okay heading into the exercises- once we started really putting strain on the arms to hit the poses- I started losing it.

Then came balancing, and it became rapidly apparent that I fail at balancing on one foot- I can however come up with new and inventive ways to yell out in pain at the tv. Not to mention the fact that I'm getting really tired of how long it takes Tony (the host) to tell you the alternative and easier ways to do each move if you aren't "advanced" yet. I think we were all failing there.

Sadly about today though- when I showed up at the house, we didn't have the video good to go for today, and it took 2 hours for B. to get it. Which, while understandable and not something I could control, became annoying because it set all 5 of us back in our day. I ended up having to leave early (so I missed the last 15 minutes or so of the tape) which means I didn't get to finish out the full yogaX today... and we were getting to the sitting/ ab moves that I actually enjoy and don't put so much strain on my knees. However, I had made a commitment to do a trivia night with a few friends as well...

On the plus side- my trivia team got first place!

Looking forward to tomorrow's workout- not sure what it is, but I still can't wait! I like the new energy I'm gaining from this routine, and that I get to spend time with people I enjoy :-)

~Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment