Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 15: Owwie.

Today was the chest and back workout with ab ripperX at the end. While it's awesome that I'm improving all over- I definitely feel the improvement with push-ups and will soon be able to try them full-fledged as opposed to the cheater-knees. Also- N. thinks I need to move on to the chin-up bar as opposed to the bands. While I'm a little scared/ timid about moving up- it's also really exciting that N. thinks I'll be able to do it- woo!

However, I had this really awkward pain near my inner hip/ pelvis that hurt like a bitch when I had to stretch out to do the push ups. I didn't really notice it until I got to the decline push-ups and it hurt too much at first to put my legs up on the chair. It hurt so bad I collapsed right away, but sucked it up and fought through and got in 10 (half way down). I was able to continue that painful fight until we got to ab ripperX.

Holy effing lover of a donkey-cow.

In-and-Outs were awful, the bicycles were kind of better, crunchy frogs barely happened the pain got so bad. Fifer scissors- oh heck-a-doodle no. One of those created a blinding pain that almost had me in tears.

On the up note: I pulled through after hip-rock-and-raise to finish up the workout. I refuse to be beaten down by that one stabby pain. I was also able to get through the leg climbs super well (those happen to be my favorite) and even made it through maybe half the mason twists (those things are killer, by the way).

So, a personal high-five to myself... but an even bigger high-five to N. and J. for being an awesome workout team again today!

~Kay

(Also, the whole group skipped out on skip day yesterday, so I don't feel quite as bad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment